Pulled Chicken Enchilada Bowl
If you're like me, the only recipe you're interested in making on busy weeknights is something SIMPLE. This dinner is fast (ready in under 30min) nutritious, and oh so delish! Toss all ingredients into one skillet & in 30 min you're ready to eat!
You can customize the ingredients to make your taste buds happy. Even the presentation can be you're own! Skip the tortilla and eat straight from the skillet, or even wrap it up into a enchilada burrito (my husbands go to).
- 3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can green chili peppers
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 low carb 100% whole wheat tortilla (I use La Tortilla Factory brand)
- Toppings (optional): Cilantro, Mexican blend cheese, avocado, plain Greek yogurt, tortilla strips, red onion, ext.
- Boil chicken in large saucepan until cooked throughout, and shred meat with two forks.
- Meanwhile, chop onion and pepper and add to skillet with olive oil, saute until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients (chicken, chili peppers, enchilada sauce, beans, and corn) to skillet and simmer for 20 min to develop flavor.
- Serve in tortilla or naked for a low carb option.
NUTRITIONAL INFO: recipe makes 4 servings, nutritional info for 1 serving | Calories: 525, Carbs: 45g, Fat: 20g, Protein 42 g
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #Fitgirlxtina. I'd love to see what you create!