Berries + Vanilla Cream
Does anyone else need something sweet after dinner? I'm guilty of it! Trying to find a healthy cure for my sweet tooth can be challenging.
I've come up with a little concoction that does the trick! It's nothing fancy, just something to satisfy my sweet tooth and fulfill that dessert temptation.
Let's be honest: Anything that actually satisfies our sugar craving isn't going to be the essence of a healthy meal. My aim is to find a snack that has little-no added sugar, offers some nutritional beneficence like sweet superfoods (strawberries or blueberries) and/or additional nutrients like fiber or protein (adding a half of your favorite protein powder can really bump up the protein)
Here are the main ingredients to my healthy desert snack.
I decided to mix in some Optimum Nutrition Vanilla protein powder (1/2 a scoop) and also some Purely Elizabeth granola because, yum!
- 1-2 servings of fat free whipped cream
- about 3 sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1 Tbsp .Purely Elizabeth Blueberry Hemp Granola
- 1/2 scoop Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Whey (optional)
- Combine whipped cream + protein (if using), simply top with desired fruit +/- granola.
- Calories: 135, Carbs: 20g, Fat 2g, Protein 14g
So here we have it! A tasty snack that's low in added sugar, high in protein, and satisfies the sweet tooth!
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #Fitgirlxtina. I'd love to see what you create!