Soy n' Sesame Flank Steak
These juicy strips of grilled flank steak are marinated with garlic, soy sauce, chili paste, & sesame oil. These go super fast in my house, so, you may want to make a lot!
I love finding new protein sources for main dish dinners. Flank steak is packed with it and it's easily prepped with minimal effort. You can cut & marinate the night before or earlier in the day and let the meat soak up the delicious Asian flavors.
And with no surprise you'll have a furry friend right by your side
I prefer to cook this on an outdoor grill, but a cast iron grill pan or indoor grill works as well.
- 2 lbs flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. chili paste
- 1 thumb of fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- A dash of sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and marinate the steak for at least 1 hour or more.
- Heat your grill or grill pan to high heat; when hot grill a few minutes on each side until browned and cooked though.
- Yields about 20 strips ( 4 servings)
- One serving = 5 strips or 5oz
Calories: 212 Carbs: 0g Fat: 8g Protein: 30g
For tonight's side dishes I prepared polenta and roasted Brussels sprouts. I always like to have a healthy carbohydrate, vegetable, and protein source at every dinner.
f you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #Fitgirlxtina. I'd love to see what you create!