Pan Seared Orange Roughy
Have you tried Orange Roughy?
It's a mild tasting white fish comparable to tilapia (but 'meatier').
This fish has little fat, no carbohydrates, & is just about all protein - six ounces has almost 30 grams! So pretty perfect for someone trying to build lean muscle.
I used a egg white & homemade honey mustard wash and lightly tossed in plain breadcrumbs + cayenne pepper.
I had all these ingredients in my pantry so picking up a few roughy fillets on my grocery haul was easy peasy!
I served the fish with a spinach & strawberry salad with a lemon, mandarin orange dressing.
INGREDIENTS: (Yields 2 servings)
- Two 6 oz Orange Roughy Fillets
- 1/4 c. Plain Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. Yellow Mustard
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tbsp Cayanne Pepper (+/- based on how spicy you like it)
- 1 egg white
- Rinse fish under water & pat dry.
- Combine honey, mustard, and egg white in to bowl
- Combine bread crumbs + cayenne pepper into a plastic zip lock bag
- Coat fish in wash and seal into bread crumb bag, shake off excess and place on plate
- Put fish into fridge for 30min to allow adherence
- Coat frying pan with coconut oil (or oil of choice) on high-medium heat and sear for 5 min each side
NUTRITIONAL INFO (1 serving )
Calories: 210 Carbs: 11g Fat: 2g Protein: 31g
- 5 Strawberries
- 1/2 seedless cucumber
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- Dressing: Juice of 1 lemon, 3 slices of mandarin oranges, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil, oregano. Blend together.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #Fitgirlxtina. I'd love to see what you create!