Coconut & Blueberry Yogurt Parfait
If you read my weekly meal plan for this week you'll see I attempted blueberry & coconut pancakes....welllll that didn't turn out as expected. I found out the hard was coconut flour does not work the same way regular all purpose flour does. OOPS! Thanks to my IG followers I found out that coconut is a lot more absorbent than regular flour therefore you're supposed to use 1 egg for ever 1/4 a cup of flour you're substituting.
So instead of sticking with these pancakes I created a Greek yogurt parfait and topped it with what I was supposed to use for the pancake toppings :)
So here you have it, another quick and easy breakfast!
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt ( I like the individual sized portions b/c they're easy on the go!)
- 1 pack of splenda, or a small drizzle of honey
- 1/8 cup of blueberries
- 2 pinches of coconut flakes
- 1/2 tbsp of chia seeds
- Combine plain Greek yogurt with 1 pack of splenda (or sweetener of choice)
- Top with blueberries, coconut flakes, & chia seeds
- Calories: 155 Carbs: 13 Fats: 3 Protein: 19
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #Fitgirlxtina. I'd love to see what you create!