Anyone else on a coconut kick?! I remember hating it as a kid but now I pretty much use it in everything! Coconut shrimp, coconut almonds, coconut yogurt, and now coconut chicken!
This recipe only has 3 ingredients- YUP, that easy!
I had not idea how this one would turn out but it actually exceeded my expectations, gosh I love it when that happens... So I want to share with y'all :)
I bough a 2 lbs pack of chicken beast which had 3 breasts (because it was buy 1 get 1 free & I'm a sucker for sales). My go to portion for chicken is about 5 oz, so I slice each chicken breast in half (to make it thinner) and this made 6 5oz portions.
I rinsed the chicken under water and patted with a paper towel.
I dipped the chicken in lite coconut milk....
& then coated in unsweetened coconut flakes....
I sprinkled with salt and placed on a baking rack for 25-30 min on 360 degrees.
For the last few min I turned the broiler on to toast coconut. Serve plain or with 1-2 tbsp of Thai's Kitchen Sweet Chili sauce.
- 6, 5oz chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of lite coconut milk
- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven for 365
- Rinse chicken breast under water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Dip chicken in coconut milk
- Toss in coconut flakes
- Place on baking rack and cook for 25-30 min (until no longer pink)
- Turn on broil for last few min to toast the coconut
NUTRITIONAL INFO: 6 servings; facts for one 5oz breast
- Calories: 200 Carbs: 1 Fats: 8 Protein: 28
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #Fitgirlxtina. I'd love to see what you create!