Have you ever used tea instead of water or milk to make your oats in the morning? Well lets just say it gives boring old oats a new burst of flavor! I used Oregon Chai and it worked out perfect. You could also try with green tea, or even bright fruity flavored tea.
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 Chai tea bag
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- banana, strawberries, pomegranate seeds, coconut milk,& coconut sugar
- Boil water on stove top & add tea bag- let seep for around 2 min
- Stir in oats and lower heat, let cook for 5 min siring occasionally
- Add in cinnamon & vanilla extract
- Pour into bowl and top with favorite toppers- this morning mine included: banana, strawberries, pomegranate seeds, coconut sugar and coconut milk.
- * You can also add 1/2 scoop of protein power into your oats for added protein
NUTRITIONAL INFO: 1 servings; facts for oats only
- Calories: 150 Carbs: 27 Fats: 3 Protein: 5
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #Fitgirlxtina. I'd love to see what you create!