- 1 Butternut Squash
- 2/3 c. Unsweetened Coconut Milk Lite
- 1 Shallot
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Thumbs of Fresh Ginger
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes (more or less depending on how spicy you want it!)
- Steam butternut squash (in oven, microwave, or stove top) about 20 min.
- While that's cooking chop shallot and sauté 3 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped garlic and grated ginger; sauté 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups water, coconut milk, salt, & red pepper; simmer 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Once squash is soft, add to a blender and add coconut milk mixture.
- Blend until smooth
- Drizzle with leftover coconut milk.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #Fitgirlxtina. I'd love to see what you create!