Better Than Takeout Cashew Chicken
The only thing better than your favorite Chinese dish is one that's prepared healthy so you can enjoy it more often!
This lightened up version is lower in fat, sugar, and calories but does not compromise flavor!
- 2lb cubed chicken breasts (about 3 breasts)
- 3 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 large handfuls of sugar snap pea
- 3 chopped bell peppers (one red, yellow, orange for color)
- 1 cup salt & pepper cashews
- spray extra virgin olive oil
- 4 TBSP water
- 4 TBSP Liquid Aminos
- 2 TBSP tomato paste
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 2 TBSP coconut sugar
- 1 TBSP (2 or you like it spicy) red chili pepper sauce
- 1 TBSP corn starch
- Cube chicken breasts into equal sizes and combine with EVOO spray, garlic, and shallot on a skillet on medium heat until no longer pink
- Whisk together ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl, set aside.
- Toss chopped bell peppers & sugar snapped peas onto skillet and cook until slightly tender.
- Slowly pour in the sauce, stir, and reduce heat until sauce thickens a bit.
- Toss in the raw cashews on top.
NUTRITIONAL INFO: (recipe makes 4-5 servings) info below for 1 serving
Calories: 433 Carbs: 27g Protein: 45g Fat: 15g
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #Fitgirlxtina. I'd love to see what you create!