INGREDIENTS: For 2 servings
- 1/1½ pounds white cod filets
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lemon
- Fresh Parsley
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 1 T. Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- Salt and black pepper
- Marinate cod filets with zest and juice from 1 lemon, juice of 1 orange, and 1 T olive oil.
- Cover and let marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large oven safe saute pan heat 1 T olive oil until hot.
- Shake excess marinade from the fish, do not discard.
- Cook over a medium heat for about 4 minutes and then flip and repeat on the other side.
- Season the fish with some salt and black pepper.
- Place the fish into the oven to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- In another smaller pan, melt the butter and add the coconut sugar and remaining leftover marinade from the fish.
- Bring to a boil whisking regularly until the sauce has thickened slightly and reduced.
- Add about ¼ cup of finely shredded parsley leaves to the sauce.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Bring the fish from the oven and pour the thickened sauce over it.
Calories: 350 Carbs: 5g Fat: 20g Protein 36g