- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp whole flax seeds
- 2 cups rough chopped nuts (I used sliced almonds, walnuts, pistachios, and cahsews.)
- 2 cups rough chopped dried fruits (I used figs, dates, banana, pineapple, and cranberries.)
- Set oven to 350F
- Spray a standard loaf pan.
- Mash the two bananas in a large mixing bowl and whisk in the eggs and applesauce.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt and blend well.
- Fold in the fruits, nuts, and seeds and blend until everything is well distributed.
- Turn into the loaf pan and spread out the dough evenly, and into the corners.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until starting to turn golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.
- Let the bread cool completely before slicing.
- Recipe makes about 6 slices.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #Fitgirlxtina. I'd love to see what you create!