Planning my meals this week, I was in search for something that just screams FALL
...and this apple pie oat breakfast is a perfect embrace on a chilly fall morning.
It's like diving into delicious apple pie (but without all the added sugar) and keeps you feeling energized and ready to tackle the day ahead.
This recipe is one of my favorites because not only does it have amazing flavors, but it's simple and so nutritious!
I love, love, love this bowl. It’s creamy, warm, & full of apple-cinnamon flavor. The caramelized apples and toasted pecans are the perfect toppers. Just one serving is so satisfying and always keeps me full ’til lunch with plenty of fiber. You could even add a dollop of natural cashew or almond butterfor a bit of extra protein (just watch your portion so you don't addtoo much fat into your daily macros)
One reason I enjoy eating oatmeal on weekday mornings is because it's easily enjoyed on the go during my commute. But it would also be a perfect breakfast to make for guests or even on lazy fall weekend mornings – you know, when the only thing you have on your agenda is breakfast + Netflix...the best kind of mornings in the history of weekends.
Feel free to substitute other seasonal fruits as well! I love blueberries, peaches, or even pumpkin!
- 1/3 cup oatmeal (I used Purely Elizabeth Apple Cinnamon Pecan Ancient Grain)
- 3/4 cup reduced sugar vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 honeycrips apple
- 1/4 cup granola
- small handful of pecans
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of apple pie spice
- 1/2 scoop snickerdoodle protein powder (optional)
- Bring milk (or water) to boil, add oats. Cover saucepan and lower heat. Let oats cook for 3-4 min.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, add cut apples, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and apple pie spice mix well and saute until warm & gooey.
- Combine in a bowl and enjoy!
Calories: 330 cal Carbs: 52g Fat: 12g Protein: 8g (20g if protein used)
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #Fitgirlxtina. I'd love to see what you create!