Confession-- I would buy a bacon egg & cheese breakfast sandwich almost everyday during college. Gosh I can't even imagine how much $$ and calories I wasted.
Although I am cautious about what I eat, I have never been a firm believer of restricting myself. So I decided to recreate my daily breakfast sandwich but in a healthy version.
It's a great macro balance with protein (egg whites), fats (avocado), and carbs (100% whole wheat English muffin). You can also add greens (spinach, arugula, or kale) or even meats (lean turkey or chicken sausage) It's so versatile and very easy to make in the morning.
From start to stop it takes me ~5 min!
I'll crack & separate my 3 egg whites & allow them to cook. Meanwhile I'll toss in my English muffin into the toaster. After that's done...
I'll layer smashed avocado...
Add my egg whites & sliced cheese between my toasted muffin.
Out the door in 5 min!
- 3 egg whites
- 1 100% whole wheat English muffin
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 slice ultra thin Swiss cheese
- Greens of choice: I like arugula or spinach.
- Toast muffin & meanwhile, cook egg whites on skillet (season with salt & pepper)
- Spread 1/2 avocado on English muffin, layer egg whites, and top with Swiss & greens)
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories: 300 Carbs: 27g Fat: 10g Protein: 25g
f you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #Fitgirlxtina. I'd love to see what you create!