Plain grilled chicken can get pretty boring. So I was browsing Pinterest to try to find a recipe that would spice up a bit. I stumbled on Fitmencook's recipe and wanted to share it with you! A link to the original recipe is HERE
I'm balancing my macros by also eating whipped sweet potatoes & steamed green beans.
For the whipped sweet potatoes I simply peeled and boiled 3 yams, and whipped potatoes with my hand mixer. I added almond milk, cinnamon, and a touch of vanilla extract.
Meal Prep Tip: I keep all components of my lunch in separate bowls (or zip-lock bags) in the refrigerator and portion out what I need each morning (mainly because I don't have enough Tupperware containers to keep 5 individual lunches- I wonder where they all disappear to...)
INGREDIENTS: (via Fitmencook)
- About 15 oz or 1.5 lbs raw chicken breast (or tenders)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2/3 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- Set your grill or oven to 375F.
- In a sealable plastic bag, add the contents for the marinade and mix together well.
- Add the chicken to the bowl or bag and ensure that all the pieces are covered in the marinade. Allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet or on the grill. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the juices from the chicken run clear. Flip the chicken halfway through so each side cooks for about 8 – 10 minutes. Use any leftover marinade to baste the chicken when you flip it over – just remember, to let it cook after basting since the raw chicken marinaded in it. If you have thick pieces of chicken breasts, your cooking time will likely increase; however, I suggest slicing the chicken breasts down the middle, to make thinner pieces, to reduce overall cooking time and to ensure that the chicken is completely cooked.
NUTRITIONAL INFO: for 4 oz chicken, 1/2 a sweet potato, & 1 cup green beans
- Calories: 320 Carbs: 41g Fat: 3g Protein 31g
f you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #Fitgirlxtina. I'd love to see what you create!