Healthy protein packed chocolate mug cake for under 200 calories?! YES!
This after dinner or post workout treat will give you the chocolate fix you're looking for!
These ingredients were already in my fridge & pantry. Toppings to this mug cake could also include melted peanut butter, chopped up quest bar, or more melted dark chocolate.
Just be cautious of your portion sizes!!
So even though it took me a few experimental trials to get the ratios of this recipe to be just right, I don't think my husband cared about eating the failed attempts.
The first result was too "cakey" and the second was too "chocolatey" (yes that's a real thing).
This recipe literally tastes just like chocolate cake but minus the guilt!
Mix in some unsweetened almond milk until the batter has a brownie consistency.
- 2 tbsp chocolate protein powder (I use optimum nutrition)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coco powder
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1 egg
- 2 packs of Splenda (or sweetener of choice)
- Splash of almond milk
- Small handful of dark chocolate chips
- Toppings: sliced banana, pomegranate, & fat free whipped cream
PAM the inside of your mug, combine all dry ingredients and mix, add wet ingredients and pour into mug. Cover with plastic wrap for 45 sec, check and if needed add another 30-40 seconds.
- Calories: 180 calories Carbs: 25g Fat: 5g Protein: 15g
f you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #Fitgirlxtina. I'd love to see what you create!